Haysden Country ParkAnytime Orienteering
Course Type: Permanent / Virtual
Terrain type: Parkland
Near: Tonbridge Lat,Lng: 51.19129,0.24746 Postcode: TN11 9BE What3Words: ///mercy.acid.little
Directions / Parking
Pay & display parking.
Haysden Country park is located close to Tonbridge and is managed by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council. The park is flat and low lying, containing 2 lakes, and with part of the River Medway running through it. It is a haven for wildlife, particularly waterfowl.
Map / Terrain
Maps available onsite at Haysden and also from the Castle Gift shop soon.
Scale is 1:7,500 so is larger than Ordnance Survey. Map also shows more detail – fences, knolls, depressions, distinctive trees, and uses different colours to aid navigation – yellow is open land, white is runnable woodland, light through to dark green represents woodland that is increasingly difficult to pass through.
Start/Finish location Dependent on course - either to the west of the car park over a small bridge, or to the East of the car park past the cafe and under the railway.
|Long||4.3km, 15 controls||Long Results|
|Medium||3.0km, 11 controls||Medium Results|
|Short||2.1km, 9 controls||Short Results|
MapRun Directory PathUK > Find Your Way > FYW Kent > Haysden
Superb Café selling cakes, sandwiches and hot food, (opens 8.30am-3.30pm).
Toilets available adjacent to the car park. Playpark and picnic area.
The Park has lots of water features with 2 main lakes, the River Medway, and many other minor water channels. Please take care around the water. Otherwise the park presents few hazards other than:
- trip hazards, and uneven ground
- other park users and dogs
Please note specifically:
- as the park is on a flood plain, in times of heavy rain some of the courses may not be accessible due to standing water.
- some of the courses may involve crossing sports pitches and areas used for occasional events. Please go round the edge of these areas if in use.
- some of the courses also go around Tonbridge Castle which occasionally hosts private and ticketed events which may restrict your access to the sites at times. Details can be found by contacting the Castle Tourist Information on telephone number 01732 770929.