Course Type: Virtual Urban
Terrain type: Urban
Near: Deal Lat,Lng: 51.18581,1.40304 Postcode: CT14 8AJ What3Words: ///growth.amber.luggage
Directions / Parking
Near the east end of Upper Street, Kingsdown at junction of Undercliff Road and South Road, near Deal . Best parking is on Undercliff Road.
Roads, paths and bridleways around Kingsdown
Map / Terrain
Scale 1:10,00, Contours: 10m
No control descriptions (should be obvious)
Produced with Open Orienteering Map.
Start/Finish: Seaward side of grass triangle.
20 control, 60 min score event.
i.e. visit as many of the 20 control points as you can, in any order, and be back to register the finish within 60 mins.
Scoring: 20 points per control, 10 points deducted per minute, or part minute, after 60 min limit.
MapRun Directory PathUK/Kent/Canterbury/Kingsdown PXAS ScoreV60
Public toilets 50m south of start (summer only).
- Take care crossing the road and watch out for traffic.
- Watch out for pedestrians, dogs, bicycles.
- Take extra care on the route between points 2 and 20 as it goes steeply up the cliff path with drop to one side.
- Trip hazard on many paths, take care.
- The map is produced from open source data so may contain errors or omissions. If a route appears to be private go another way.
- It is your responsibility to keep safe, avoid traffic and maintain social distancing. This is just for fun – do not take risks.
This Challenge is not an organised event or activity. You do the Challenge as an individual for personal training and you are responsible for both your own safety and the safety of others around you.