Dunorlan Park KOL
Sat 22 Sep 2018
Type of event: Local, Schools
Type of terrain: Parkland
Results will be available soon.
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Tunbridge Wells
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: TN2 4RE
- Latitude: 51.13083
- Longitude: 0.28645
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Hall's Hole Road car park.
From the A21, turn SW on the A264 towards Tunbridge Wells town centre. After 3km, turn left onto Bayhall Road at a crossroads with traffic lights. After 800 metres, turn left into Hall's Hole Road after passing the SW side of the park. The car park is on the left after 500 metres.
From Tunbridge Wells town centre, follow the A264 to the crossroads and continue straight on to Bayhall Road.
The nearest station is Tunbridge Wells which is 2.2km from the car park.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 10:30 to 12:00
Start times from 11:00 to 12:30
Courses close 14:00
Five courses available:
Short blue technical 5.8 km, 20 controls
Light green moderate technical 3.5 km, 15 controls
Orange beginner moderate 2.3 km, 17 controls
Yellow beginner easy 1.7 km, 14 controls
Score find as many controls as you can in one hour; suitable for all
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry on the day only.
British orienteering members: £5
Other adults (long courses) £7
Adults on yellow or orange £3
Dibber hire £1
Groups £10 (including dibber hire)
Open parkland with ornamental plantings in Tunbridge Wells
Cafe and toilets in the park.
Dogs on leads please
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Alan Hickling
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: If you have joined an orienteering club, or are competing in one of your first 3 events, then you are covered by our public liability insurance.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.