Dunorlan Park KOL
Sat 22 Sep 2018
Type of event: Local, Schools
Type of terrain: Parkland
Lost property: one water bottle (purple); one cup from a flask. These will be taken to Mote Park next Sunday.
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Tunbridge Wells
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: TN2 4RE
- Latitude: 51.13083
- Longitude: 0.28645
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Hall's Hole Road car park.
From the A21, turn SW on the A264 towards Tunbridge Wells town centre. After 3km, turn left onto Bayhall Road at a crossroads with traffic lights. After 800 metres, turn left into Hall's Hole Road after passing the SW side of the park. The car park is on the left after 500 metres.
From Tunbridge Wells town centre, follow the A264 to the crossroads and continue straight on to Bayhall Road.
The nearest station is Tunbridge Wells which is 2.2km from the car park.
Public Transport options
Tunbridge Wells railway station is 2.5 km from the event car park.
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 10:30 to 12:00
Start times from 11:00 to 12:30
Courses close 14:00
Five courses available:
Short blue technical 5.8 km, 20 controls
Light green moderate technical 3.5 km, 15 controls
Orange beginner moderate 2.3 km, 17 controls
Yellow beginner easy 1.7 km, 14 controls
Score find as many controls as you can in one hour; suitable for all
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry on the day only.
British orienteering members: £5
Other adults (long courses) £7
Adults on yellow or orange £3
Dibber hire £1
Groups £10 (including dibber hire)
Open parkland with ornamental plantings in Tunbridge Wells
Cafe and toilets in the park.
Dogs on leads please
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Alan Hickling
Health, safety and other important information related to events.
Before travelling to any orienteering event please make sure you are aware of and following government lockdown rules. To enable us to maintain social distancing requirements, we will not be offering coaching to beginners at the start. If you havent tried orienteering before and need guidance please contact our head coach in the first instance.
To ensure that we comply with Government and British Orienteering guidelines and make our events Covid secure and safe for participants and volunteers, all events will be pre-entry and pre-payment only.
During the on-line entry process, you will select your preferred start window from those available for your course. You must then make payment to reserve your start window. Please do not turn up at the event unless you have pre-entered.
On event day turn up for your allocated start slot
Always respect others & social distance even when orienteering
Please move away from the map box after collecting your map.
At control sites do not touch the control, and move through quickly.
Do not congregate at the Finish.
At Download ensure you are drip and spittle free before downloading.
Ticks and Lyme Disease: Ticks are common in areas where we go orienteering, more information about ticks.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.