Eridge Sunday event
Sun 12 Jan 2020
Rescheduled from November
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Tunbridge Wells
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: TN6 3PG
- Latitude: 51.07474
- Longitude: 0.25555
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Event will be signed from the A267 south of Frant.
Parking will be off an estate road within the parkland with great views.
Registration & Start Times
Entry on the day registration from 10-12
Starts from 10.30-12.30
Start times will not be pre-allocated. If you have registered with Fabian4 and don't need to borrow a dibber you can go straight to the start.
Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Green, Blue and Brown colour coded courses plus a one hour score course will be available
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Pre-entry are now available on Fabian4. Pre-entries will close on 5 Jan 2020.
Entry fees are:
Adults £12 (plus £2 surcharge for non-British Orienteering members)
Juniors £5 (no surcharge)
Entry on the day registration fees as above plus £2 for all.
Group entries to be made on the day only please.
The Eridge Estate is reputedly the oldest enclosed Deer Park in England.
The Estate has open parkland and ancient runnable technical woodland. Plenty of contour detail. The area has previously been used for National and SE League events and the Harvester Relays.
Portable toilets will be on site near Registration
No dogs please even in cars. This is a deer park and this dog restriction is part of our agreement for access to the area
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Jean Fitzgerald
Planner: Sarah Howes
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: If you have joined an orienteering club, or are competing in one of your first 3 events, then you are covered by our public liability insurance.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.