Kent Orienteering League 9: Shooters Hill Woodlands
Sat 2 May 2020
KOL round 9 hosted by DFOK. Full details will be available here.
Type of event: Local
Type of terrain: Woodland
Pre Event Info
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: DA16 2RH
- Latitude: 51.46208
- Longitude: 0.07596
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 10:30 to 12:00
Start times from 11:00 to 12:30
Courses close 14:00
Four courses available:
Short blue technical
Light green moderate technical
Orange beginner moderate
Yellow beginner easy
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry on the day only. Please let the organiser know if you are planning to bring a large group. This will ensure we have enough maps printed for everyone taking part.
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Ticks and Lyme Disease: Ticks are common in areas where we go orienteering, more information about ticks.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.