Kent Orienteering League round 7 - Hosey Common
Sat 3 Mar 2018
KOL event 7 hosted by DFOK. Full details at http://dfok.co.uk/content/events/KOL2017/index.html
Type of event: Local, Schools
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Westerham
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: TN16 1PL
- Latitude: 51.25889
- Longitude: 0.07984
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 10:30 to 12:00
Start times from 11:00 to 12:30
Courses close 14:00
Four courses available:
Short blue technical
Light green moderate technical
Orange beginner moderate
Yellow beginner easy
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry on the day only. Please let the organiser know if you are planning to bring a large group. This will ensure we have enough maps printed for everyone taking part.
Adults/Family groups £6 British Orienteering members £5 Juniors £2 Dibber hire £1
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events registered with British Orienteering and not joined an orienteering club which is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.