Kent Orienteering League round 8 - Ightham
Sat 28 Apr 2018
Full details to follow.
Type of event: Local, Schools
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Ightham
- Grid Ref:
- Latitude: 51.27765
- Longitude: 0.26241
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
Registration from 10:30 to 12:00
Start times from 11:00 to 12:30
Courses close 14:00
Five courses available:
Short blue technical
Light green moderate technical
Orange beginner moderate
Yellow beginner easy
Score find as many controls as you can in one hour; suitable for all
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry on the day only. Please let the organiser know if you are planning to run, especially if you are bringing a large group. This will ensure we have enough maps printed for everyone taking part.
British Orienteering adult members and groups on Light Green and Blue courses £5
Non British Orienteering adults on Light Green and Blue courses £6
Adults on Orange and Yellow courses £2
Adults on Score course £5
Dibber hire £1
Contacts / Officials
Planner/organiser: Brendon Howe
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events registered with British Orienteering and not joined an orienteering club which is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.