Kings Hill Urban event
Sun 6 Oct 2019
Type of event: National
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: West Malling
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: ME19 4RG
- Latitude: 51.27182
- Longitude: 0.40306
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
tbc. Approx postcode below
Registration & Start Times
Range of urban event courses. Details tbc
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Interesting streets and complicated footpaths through a relatively new community. The area was once a WW2 air force base.
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: If you have joined an orienteering club, or are competing in one of your first 3 events, then you are covered by our public liability insurance.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.