Knole Park Sunday Series & Yvette Baker Trophy qualifying heat
Sun 30 Apr 2017
This event will include the south-east qualifying round of the Yvette Baker Trophy for junior orienteers. Rules for the competition can be found here: https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/images/uploaded/downloads/Competition%20Rule%20L%20YBT%202016%20v2.7.pdf
Type of event: District-(C)
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Sevenoaks
- Grid Ref: TQ 544 540
- Postcode: TN15 0RP
- Latitude: 51.26406
- Longitude: 0.21118
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Parking is at Suffolk Way Car Park, Sevenoaks TN13 1LW – follow signs for Sevenoaks Leisure Centre. No parking fee on Sundays. Nearest railway station: Sevenoaks 1.2km
Registration & Start Times
Registration: 10:00 to 12:00.
Starts: 10:30 to 12:30
Brown, Blue, Green – technical
Light green – moderately technical
Orange – beginner, moderately difficult
Yellow – beginner, easy
60 minute score course – suitable for novice adults.
Please would clubs inform the Organiser of their intention to participate, and the name of the team manager, at least two weeks before the event i.e. by 18 April 2017.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Enter through Fabian 4 http://www.fabian4.co.uk/
Adults £7 up to midnight on 23 April 2017; £9 up to midnight on 27 April 2017; non BOF +£2
Entry on day, subject to map availability, £9; non BOF +£2
Saxons juniors free; other juniors £3; adults on Yellow or Orange £3; dibber hire £1.
Saxons helper discount £2 and Saxons juniors discount - contact organiser for code
Parkland and runnable woodland - one of our most popular venues.
Toilets at Sevenoaks Town Centre Bus Station
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Sarah Howes
Planner: Mel Taylor
Controller: Mike Perry
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events registered with British Orienteering and not joined an orienteering club which is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.