Knole Park Sunday Series & Yvette Baker Trophy qualifying heat
Sun 30 Apr 2017
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Parkland, Woodland
Yvette Baker Trophy team results
Congratulations to GO and HH who are both through to the final as the representatives for SEOA - clearly both clubs fielded strong teams which are well matched so well done to all their runners.
We understand that SN will also go through to the final as the SCOA representative.
Good luck to everyone for the YBT final.
We hope all the juniors and their families & clubs enjoyed their day out in Knole Park along with everyone else who came along to Sunday's event.
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Sevenoaks
- Grid Ref: TQ 544 540
- Postcode: TN15 0RP
- Latitude: 51.26406
- Longitude: 0.21118
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Parking is at Suffolk Way Car Park, Sevenoaks TN13 1LW – follow signs for Sevenoaks Leisure Centre. No parking fee on Sundays. Nearest railway station: Sevenoaks 1.2km
Registration & Start Times
Registration: 10:00 to 12:00.
Starts: 10:30 to 12:30
Brown, Blue, Green – technical
Light green – moderately technical
Orange – beginner, moderately difficult
Yellow – beginner, easy
60 minute score course – suitable for novice adults.
Please would clubs inform the Organiser of their intention to participate, and the name of the team manager, at least two weeks before the event i.e. by 18 April 2017.
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Enter through Fabian 4 http://www.fabian4.co.uk/
Adults £7 up to midnight on 23 April 2017; £9 up to midnight on 27 April 2017; non BOF +£2
Entry on day, subject to map availability, £9; non BOF +£2
Saxons juniors free; other juniors £3; adults on Yellow or Orange £3; dibber hire £1.
Saxons helper discount £2 and Saxons juniors discount - contact organiser for code
Parkland and runnable woodland - one of our most popular venues.
Toilets at Sevenoaks Town Centre Bus Station
Contacts / Officials
Organiser: Sarah Howes
Planner: Mel Taylor
Controller: Mike Perry
Health, safety and other important information related to events.
If you have pre-existing helath issues that you feel the organiser should know about please fill in this medical form.
Before travelling to any orienteering event please make sure you are aware of and following British Orienteering guidelines.
To ensure that we comply with these guidelines and make our events Covid secure and safe for participants and volunteers, all events will be pre-entry and pre-payment only.
During the on-line entry process, you will select your preferred start window from those available for your course. You must then make payment to reserve your start window. Please do not turn up at the event unless you have pre-entered. If you need help with the registration process please contact the event organiser.
On event day turn up for your allocated start slot
Please move away from the map box after collecting your map.
At control sites do not touch the control, and move through quickly.
Do not congregate at the Finish.
At Download please get your breath back and recover before downloading.
Saxons volunteers are very happy to help beginners understand the courses, maps and timing equipment used at our events. To get advice please contact email@example.com at least 3 days before the event, or go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/saxons.oc and ask questions there. It may be possible to arrange for somoene to meet you before your start.
For full BO Covid guidance click here
Ticks and Lyme Disease: Ticks are common in areas where we go orienteering, more information about ticks.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.