Mote Park Sunday Series event
Sun 30 Sep 2018
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Parkland
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Maidstone
- Grid Ref: TQ 772 552
- Postcode: ME15 5SS
- Latitude: 51.27060
- Longitude: 0.53796
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Follow the signs to Mote Park from the A20 in Maidstone town centre.
The main car park is at:
Registration & Start Times
Registration will be near the main car park. The start is about 5 mins walk away.
Courses close at 14.30
Provisional course lenghts subject to final controlling are:
Yellow 2.6 k
Orange 3.4 k
Light Green 3.8 k
Green 4.7 k
Blue 5.7 k
Brown 7.7 k
60 minute score course
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Pre entry on Fabian 4 before midnight on 27 September to ensure you get a map.
BO seniors £8
Non BO seniors £11
Seniors on Yellow and Orange courses £5
Groups (max 2 adults and any number of juniors) £10
Entry on the day plus £2 for adults. No extra for Junior EOD
Dibber hire £1
Parkland with small pockets of woodland and a large lake to make route choice interesting
There is a pay and display car parking charge of £2 in force
Cafe and toilets in the park close to car park and registration
Dogs under control please
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Jean Fitzgerald
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: If you have joined an orienteering club, or are competing in one of your first 3 events, then you are covered by our public liability insurance.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.