Mote Park Sunday Series event
Sun 30 Sep 2018
Type of event: Regional
Type of terrain: Parkland
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Maidstone
- Grid Ref: TQ 769 553
- Postcode: ME15 7SU
- Latitude: 51.27003
- Longitude: 0.53577
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Follow the signs to Mote Park from the A20 in Maidstone town centre.
The main car park is at:
Public Transport options
Maidstone rail stations
Registration & Start Times
Registration will be near the main car park. Follow tapes to the 'event tent'.The start is about 5-10 mins walk away.
Courses close at 14.30
Course lenghts are:
Yellow 2.5 k
Orange 3.1 k
Light Green 4.1 k
Green 5.1 k
Blue 6.2 k
Brown 7.3 k
60 minute score course
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Pre entry on Fabian 4 before midnight on 27 September to ensure you get a map. Start times will not be pre-allocated. Turn up at the start when you are ready
BO seniors £8
Non BO seniors £11
Seniors on Yellow and Orange courses £5
Groups (max 2 adults and any number of juniors) £10
Entry on the day plus £2 for adults. No extra for Junior EOD
Dibber hire £1
Parkland with small pockets of woodland and a large lake to make route choice interesting
There is a pay and display car parking charge of £2 in force
Cafe and toilets in the park close to car park and registration
Dogs under control please
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Jean Fitzgerald
Organiser: alison howe
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Ticks and Lyme Disease: Ticks are common in areas where we go orienteering, more information about ticks.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.