Summer event at Brockhill Country Park
Sat 27 Aug 2022
Type of event: Local
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Hythe
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: CT21 4HL
- Latitude: 51.08303
- Longitude: 1.06668
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Registration & Start Times
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Entry in advance on Racesignup
Contacts / Officials
organiser: Gaby Roach
organiser: Dave Pickup
Health, safety and other important information related to events.
If you have pre-existing helath issues that you feel the organiser should know about please fill in this medical form.
Before travelling to any orienteering event please make sure you are aware of and following British Orienteering guidelines.
To ensure that we comply with these guidelines and make our events Covid secure and safe for participants and volunteers, all events will be pre-entry and pre-payment only.
During the on-line entry process, you will select your preferred start window from those available for your course. You must then make payment to reserve your start window. Please do not turn up at the event unless you have pre-entered. If you need help with the registration process please contact the event organiser.
On event day turn up for your allocated start slot
Please move away from the map box after collecting your map.
At control sites do not touch the control, and move through quickly.
Do not congregate at the Finish.
At Download please get your breath back and recover before downloading.
Saxons volunteers are very happy to help beginners understand the courses, maps and timing equipment used at our events. To get advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days before the event, or go to our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/saxons.oc and ask questions there. It may be possible to arrange for somoene to meet you before your start.
Ticks and Lyme Disease: Ticks are common in areas where we go orienteering, more information about ticks.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.