Sunday League event - Knole Park- New Date
Now switched to Sunday March 18th
Sun 4 Feb 2018
Type of event: Regional
Results will be available soon.
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Sevenoaks
- Grid Ref:
- Postcode: TN15 0JU
- Latitude: 51.26830
- Longitude: 0.22675
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Public Transport options
Train stations at Sevenoaks or Bat and Ball.
Registration & Start Times
Courses close at 14.00
Course Lengths are subject to final controlling
Yellow = 2.2km
Orange = 2.8km
Lt Green = 3.5km
Green = 4.1km
Blue = 5.7km
Brown = 8.0km
Plus a 60 minute score format course
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Pre-entry via Fabian4. Closing date for pre-entries is 15.03.18
Entry fees £3 juniors; £7 seniors. Non BOF members +£2. Adults on yellow and orange courses £3.
Dibber hire £1
EOD subject to map availability. Seniors £9; juniors £3. Adults on yellow and orange courses £3.
Open deer park around the historic Knole House, with pockets of established woodland and a good path network.
There are deer present so dogs not allowed on courses and in the park should be under strict control
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Bohdan Rainczuk
Controller: Andrew Evans DFOK
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Ticks and Lyme Disease: Ticks are common in areas where we go orienteering, more information about ticks.
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.
Data Protection: Your personal information provided for this event or obtained from registration databases will be used to process your entry, publish results, check for missing runners and trace missing SI cards.