Sunday League event - Knole Park- regional ranking event
Sun 4 Feb 2018
Type of event: Regional
Pre Event Info
Nearest town: Sevenoaks
- Grid Ref: TQ 544 540
- Postcode: TN15 0RP
- Latitude: 51.27110
- Longitude: 0.19680
- Google Map
- Streetmap (OS 50k)
- Bing Map (OS 50k)
Directions / Parking
Parking at Sevenoaks Leisure Centre at TN13 1LW
Registration & Start Times
Courses close at 14.00
Course Lengths are subject to final controlling
Yellow = 2.2km
Orange = 2.8km
Lt Green = 3.5km
Green = 4.1km
Blue = 5.7km
Brown = 8.0km
Plus a 60 minute score format course
Explanation of colour courses
- White are very easy with all controls on paths. They are mainly used by 6-10 year olds and family groups.
- Yellow use simple linear features like paths, walls and streams. They are mainly used by under 12’s and family groups.
- Orange progress to basic use of the compass and route choice. They are ideal for novice adults or experienced youngsters.
- Light Green are ideal for improvers as the navigational difficulty begins to increase and uses simple contours and point features.
- Green are used mostly by experienced under 18’s and adults wanting a short but challenging course with a very hard navigational difficulty.
- Blue are a longer, more physically demanding course in comparison to the green. The distances are more varied between controls and the course attracts experienced orienteers.
- Brown & Black are very physically demanding and have a very hard navigational difficulty. They are for experienced orienteers only.
- Score means visiting as many controls as possible in any order in a specific time, like 45mins.
Pre-entry via Fabian4. Closing date for pre-entries is 02.02.18
Entry fees £3 juniors; £7 seniors. Non BOF members +£2. Adults on yellow and orange courses £3.
Dibber hire £1
EOD subject to map availability. Seniors £9; juniors £3. Adults on yellow and orange courses £3.
Open deer park around the historic Knole House, with pockets of established woodland and a good path network.
There are deer present so dogs not allowed on courses and in the park should be under strict control
Contacts / Officials
Planner: Bohdan Rainczuk
Controller: Andrew Evans DFOK
Safety and Risk: A comprehensive risk assessment will have been carried out by the organiser, but participants take part at their own risk and are responsible for their own safety during the event.
Insurance: Please note that if you have competed in three orienteering events registered with British Orienteering and not joined an orienteering club which is a member of British Orienteering then you are not covered by our public liability insurance
Training and help is available from qualified coaches. Please contact the organiser.